To All Authors
Regular and workshop papers accepted for 2020 LANMAN will be presented in a single track on July 13-14 along with keynotes, technical papers, etc. The schedule for technical papers are already posted online will be followed at the virtual conference, and you can view the session information for your paper on EDAS.
Although it is preferred for presentations to be conducted LIVE, you can pre-record and submit as video files by Friday, July 10, 2020 to be played during the conference in case there is disruption with the live presentation. These files will be deleted by ComSoc post-conference. Instructions on how authors can submit their video files can be found below.
Please observe the following guidelines when preparing video files of your talks:
- Duration of video files: Please double check the duration of your presentation on EDAS under the session field.
- Q&A sessions: following the presentation, one of the authors needs to be on-line to address Q&A moderated by the Session Chair. Duration for Q&A sessions are 4 – 5 minutes.
- Audio Quality: Please double check your files before submitting to make sure the audio is clear and audible!
During the actual presentation on July 13-14, 2020, authors will need to be available online to answer Q&A from conference participants moderated by the respective Session Chairs, regardless of whether the presentation was live or the recorded presentation was played.
Video Recording Tools
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
You can also use the two step method covered below:
Create Voice Over Power point: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c
Convert Voice Over Power point to MP4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8JV3w4TOVw
- All files must be in MP4 Format (use the normal H.264 video and AAC audio codecs)
- Less than or equal to 1mbps bitrate: To check the bit rate, right click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bitrate.
- Resolution = maximum 720p HD (1280 x 720 or other “720p” setting)
- Max file size of 150mb.
- Please use the following naming convention: title.mp4, where “title” is the paper title in the program.
Tips for Recording
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
Video Upload for LANMAN 2020 Presenters/Authors
- Visit this Google link in your web browser: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ozTwdIQNSBZ9jiEu7s27XPoYfCOs83mS?usp=sharing
- Click the Browse button and select one or more files from your computer.
- Click Upload to upload the files.
- If the files are now listed, they have uploaded successfully.
NOTE:If you need to remove or replace a file please notify email@example.com
- Max file size of 150mb.