GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SESSION CHAIR
- Introduce the session, and then each author/paper-title before their video playback;
- Take chat questions from the Q&A panel during the presentation playback;
- Read the questions to the presenting author during the Q&A period with absolutely no delay on the allocated Q&A time slots;
- Conclude the session and check attendance;
- Make sure the time is strictly adhered to and does not extended past the allocated time (very important!!!)
For general information about the role of the session chair, please click here.
DETAILED ZOOM GUIDE FOR SESSION CHAIRS
INITIAL ZOOM SETUP:
Please install Zoom in advance.
For a stable connection to the meeting, please check the Zoom Webinar Best Practices and Resources.
HOW TO JOIN THE SESSION:
- Enter the password in the Access Virtual Conference page in order to view the program.
- Click on the “View Live Stream” button for that day.
- Chat with the room host to let them know you are the session chair and specify the session.
- Room host will can elevate you to the panelist role.
DURING THE SESSION:
- Please join the session at least 15 minute in advance, please test your microphone once joined so that the session can start on time.
- We recommend that you turn on your video to engage the attendees during the session introduction. This can be done by selecting video connection when joining a Zoom meeting.
- After introducing the session and the first presenter, we recommend you turn off the video so that the attendees can focus on the talk video.
- You can manage the attendeeS by clicking on the “View all attendees” link under the Participants panel.